温度感觉: 13°
楼主: tongzhu
打印 上一主题 下一主题

抗议打工遭辞退 Sears 表示将调查此事

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-10-17 09:30:27 | 显示全部楼层 |只看大图 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

相关文章内容摘要

(本网记者 谈海)我就是要做给大家看,新移民不可以随意欺负。也许有人说我傻,但我认为自己这样做是值得的,我要给我们的下一代做出个榜样,遇到不公正的事,就得站起来。 ... [ 查看全文 ]

§ 发表于 2007-10-16
最初由[Sedona]发布
Relax and read what they said.

Telling them the mistakes they have made, though bitter, is constructive criticism good for them.

They really have made some mistakes.  The whole incident has nothing to do with them being Chinese or new immigrants.

Unless they change their work attitude, they will have the same trouble every where.  In fact, one of them was terminated by another employer because of similar trouble with his Vietnamese supervisor.

Sedona,

I believe these two men were treated unfairly by the supervisor. The supervisor let them do more than others did. In your opinion, what is the best way to ask for a fair answer?

In their protest, the words “Canada is a civilization country?", "need a job to live” and "have right to work" are irrelevant, making no sense. The words "abusively treated at work" are the right issue for the protest. I think these two men should only focus on this matter- unfair treatment at work.

In workplace, for safety reason, you can say "no" to supervisor under law. Otherwise, if you said no, you could get trouble and the chance to get a justice is unlikely.
沙发
发表于 2007-10-17 09:42:32 | 显示全部楼层
Don't work too hard. If you work too hard, why not the supervisor give you more to do. If you work harder than others, the supervisor would think you like to do more.

The courage of these two men are impressive, for this reason I respect them. But, the cold water from a few 51ers may be more valuable for their futuer live in Canada.
板凳
发表于 2007-10-17 09:59:00 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[Sedona]发布

This is a catch 22.  If you work hard, you will become permanent or be rewarded with a promotion.  If you take a easier life, you will be there with the same job like forever.  Don't complain when somebody else gets the promotion.

I think you are right. What I mean is, don’t work too hard in general labor workplace. However, I knew a Chinese man he worked in a car part company. He worked so hard that he sweated a lot every day, leaving sweat marks on his back. He didn’t care. At the end, his salary went up.
地板
发表于 2007-10-17 11:45:39 | 显示全部楼层
Mr. Jiang, if you have friends in Canada who have lived here for many years and have had Canadian experience in workplace, you can ask them for advice as how to handle the problem when supervisor treat you unfairly. You said you smear some 51ers who damp cold water on you. Before you smear us, ask advice from your closed friends. I believe some of your friends, though not all, would hold the same option as those 51ers who pour cold water on you.

I am trying to give you a responsible advice. You can go ahead to smear me if this doesn't fit your emotion.
5#
发表于 2007-10-17 12:04:14 | 显示全部楼层
In Chinese we have a saing that means: Effective medicine is bitter but good for cure, honest advice is harsh but good for guide.
6#
发表于 2007-10-18 07:10:07 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[JonnyX]发布
用了一个多小时,终于看完全部。

首先, 支持两位的抗议行动! 很敬佩!该争取还是要争取。我的经验是争取的话,大部分结果会好点。

其次,还是觉得你个人性格也有问题。

到这也有4年了。 什么活都干过。工厂,装修,屋顶,厨房,公司文员。 共事的有大陆技术移民,偷渡的,香港人,台湾人,CBC, 印巴人,白人,黑人。或者开始会有不适应,但后来感觉都很好,没有斗争。而且沟通很重要。比如BREAK的时候多和大家聊聊天。 可以锻炼英语,也可以知道别人生活习惯。我在这没有碰到私人的斗争,或者工作上。印巴人其实也挺像华人的,爱嘘寒问暖。黑人也很NICE. 白人接触最少, 可能我做的都是最底层活。可能是这里大多数底层的活都是新移民来做的原因吧。 个人觉得没有太多的种族文化冲突, 尤其像我所接触这些少数族群。 我觉得自己不做丢人事情,就不会看不起自己。但没有看不起别人。 在论坛上,很多同胞,看不起印巴人。 不知道为什么?

Good advice. If Mr. Jiang was confused by 51's comments, this is the one you need to keep in mind.
7#
发表于 2007-10-18 09:30:37 | 显示全部楼层

回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

最初由[青山下]发布
看到楼上的所有贴子.

感到很高兴.
五一网毕竟还是一个成熟的华人论坛.
大部分来自大陆的网友还是具备成熟的人格的.
一小撮我们这个民族的败类是不得人心的.
就象你们自己声称的那样,
狗走到哪里都是吃屎.

新租, using his experience,  has provided very good information to Mr. Jiang. His words are harsh, but very helpful.

Encouraging him to fight without consideration of specific reasons and how to fight may push his family into desperate situation at time when finding a job to support his family is priority.

Your comment dosn't help him anything.
8#
发表于 2007-10-18 10:11:28 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

最初由[青山下]发布
回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

我已经用了我自己最切身的体验告诉了所有同胞.
在我三年前开始自己的生意前我一直在做总管的工作.
从我手上提拔起来的所有领班没有一个不是积极努力能吃苦的.
从我手上开出去的每一个工人,没有一个不是偷懒取巧的货色
我讨厌别人挑战我的权威,但我会敬重那些真正有才华有学识有技巧又肯干的职工,我不在乎他们来自哪里,本地人也没有特权.
所以我干了8年直到辞职.
这就是我以一个打工仔的对立面的身份告诉大家的事实.
权益靠自己去争取,无论是一个最初级的打工仔还是包括我这样的已经走上了一定负责岗位的总管.都一样.
忍气吞声,偷懒取巧,都属于中国文化的劣根性,既然来到了北美,就要从精神上彻底摒弃这些残留的坏习性.
最可恨的是你们这些假洋鬼子,自己没来几天就以为得到了什么加拿大经验,片面的去理解主流文化中的一些消极的不地道的东西来加以发挥.加拿大与美国相比为什么就是弱后,很大的原因之一就是这种"社会主义"大锅饭意识.国家垄断,无竞争机制带来的社会管理的低效率和社会资源的严重浪费.这显而易见的弊端在你们这些无知的人眼里都成了什么加拿大经验,你们咋不就学点好的东西,什么不好你们就学什么,都来什么些人啊,我呸!

So you support Mr. Jiang's saying "no" to his supervisor when his supervisor assigned a job to him? You mean what Mr. Jiang has done in workplace was right?
9#
发表于 2007-10-18 10:33:56 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

最初由[青山下]发布
回复:回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

看好了,我并没有支持他去对抗他的管理 .
我也没有声称这是一个种族歧视问题.
我所有告诉大家的就是,偷懒和取巧绝不是什么加拿大经验.
如果因为他俩的能干和能吃苦而被解雇,这是一个民主社会绝对不能允许发生的.如果发生了这样的事情就应该去抗争,去要个说法 .
至于会有什么更好的结果我自己都觉得比较困难.就象大部分人认为的一样,"这件事情(抗争)的本身意义要大于个人利益."
许多人受了欺负只会沿用过去在大陆的思维给忍了算.就象钓鱼被打的70岁老翁.报警都不敢.这是在北美,各位!
至于你们这些人不但要求人家忍了算,还以各种所谓加拿大经验来威胁恐吓人家,什么警察会抓你啦,上黑名单再找不到工作啦等等胡言乱语.你们这些人就是可恶,其心可诛!

See the discrepancy in your comments. First, you don't support him to say “no” to his supervisor. And then you support him to 抗争. What’s your logic? If his saying “no” to his supervisor was not right, then what’s the reason for him to go out to protest? Please give him a reason.
10#
发表于 2007-10-18 10:36:53 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

最初由[青山下]发布
回复:回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

看好了,我并没有支持他去对抗他的管理.
我也没有声称这是一个种族歧视问题.
我所有告诉大家的就是,偷懒和取巧绝不是什么加拿大经验.
如果因为他俩的能干和能吃苦而被解雇,这是一个民主社会绝对不能允许发生的 .

The reason that they were fired was that they said "no" to their supervisor. It was not because their hard working. Do you agree?
11#
发表于 2007-10-18 11:03:05 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

最初由[青山下]发布
回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:回复:看到楼上的所有贴子.

我们对此事的认识都只是基于当事人的自己叙述.
根据当事人的说明他们工作是非常努力勤奋的.对管工说'NO"是基于他们认为受到了不平等的对待.
如果你有其它证明他们是说了谎,他们是无理取闹,那就另外一回事.
我在这里支持的是他们的这种抗争精神,是一种维护自己合法权益的正当行为.
不是说公司也要进行调查嘛?如果他俩是撒谎那时候你再来攻击人家吧.现在为时过早,你没有证据.

You think I am 攻击人家ing (Mr. Jiang)? You are out of your mind.
12#
发表于 2007-10-18 15:42:32 | 显示全部楼层
What a mess here! terrible!
13#
发表于 2007-10-19 10:10:44 | 显示全部楼层

回复:回复:回复:坚决支持!我的经历,尊严是靠自己争取的。决不是靠别人施舍的。

最初由[Sedona]发布
回复:回复:坚决支持!我的经历,尊严是靠自己争取的。决不是靠别人施舍的。

对于M小姐来说,她真的不应该出卖你。

After Ms. M received a phone call from a stranger bad mouthing her company, she did the right thing reporting it to her employer.  The call may be a nuisance call.

You can't anticipate Ms. M to trust a stranger on the phone.  There is no relationship of trust between them, so no issue of betrayal.

Your whole theme is Chinese.  Chinese should trust Chinese.  Chinese should help Chinese.  Chinese should cover up for Chinese.

Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, Chinese, ...

Too many Chinese. eVery thing is lingked to Chnese.
14#
发表于 2007-11-4 08:48:40 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[人生四季天]发布
我支持张先生和姜先生,我曾经在foodbasic买过期产品不仅没有得到道歉还被警察开了限制令!

What's your story? Why did police ban (限制) you? It was probably your fault.
15#
发表于 2007-11-4 08:54:10 | 显示全部楼层
最初由[人生四季天]发布
我支持张先生和姜先生,我曾经在foodbasic买过期产品不仅没有得到道歉还被警察开了限制令!

我要用自己的能力证明中国人不是弱者!不能告诉全世界也至少让周围的外国人知道!

You want to show that Chinese are strong. But at the time you were banned by police at Foodbasic, what did your  behavior show to them? Did it show that you as a Chinese were not following the laws and rules?
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表