• 实时天气:温尼伯 10°
    温度感觉:
查看: 924|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

English please

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2001-8-30 21:55:40 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
We've been living in Canada for over ten years. Three years ago, my husband and I with our two kids moved to a small town in Quebec. Beacause of my husband's job, we had no choice but to live in QC, it is part of the company police. Anyway, most of people in town speak French and some of them speak English too, we have no problem to communicate with most of the people here. I have to admit this is a very nice town. It is a small town, everybody knows everybody, no crimes, it is a good place to raise the children. People in our neighbourhood are very friendly, our kids have lots of friends. Our kids are happy, we are happy, we have a good life here. We had no complain about the life we have in QC until...

Now my old son is 5-year-old, he is going to school this fall. According to Quebec law, my kids can only go to French school. Because my husband and I were born outside of Canada. Although my kids were born in Canada, but they can not go to English school.Because my husband and I are immigrants with no English or French background.   Well, that's OK, they can learn French, one more language is bonus for them. What makes me really mad is that we don't have the right to choose what school we want to go,because we are immigrants, although we are the Canadian citizens now. On the other hand, the kids whose parents are Canadian English or French can choose to go to either English or French school. That's unfair.  Well, the real problem for me and my husband is that the teachers in French school can not speak English. How can we participate in  our kids' schooling, if we can not communicate with our kids' educators. How can we help with our kids' homeworks?  Education is very important for their future.What kind of roles we will play in our kids' school years? I am really WORRYED.

Well, someone maybe will say,"go to learn some French yourself, if you really want to help your kids in school."  but there is a problem.We are the only Chinese in town. Since everybody speaks French, the town simply does not offer French lessons for  the adults.  The adults learning center offers quite a few Enhlish as second language courses though, you know, for the French people to learn English. Now I am in the situation that I want to learn French,for my kids' sake,but there is  no French lessons available for me. What should we do? Challenging the law so that my kids have the equal rights to choose the school,or moving out of the town? That  means  it is time for us to find a new job. We love our jobs, our kids have many friends here, we don't want to move unless...

Does anybody have the similar situation trying to chanllage the Quebec law?  Does anybody familiar with the Quebec law? Is there any chances for me to win the challenge?  Can anybody give me any suggestions? I am so damn frustrated. :mad:
沙发
发表于 2001-8-30 22:50:19 | 只看该作者
哦,还有这种情况 :confused:,真是很难办,加拿大的难题呀。可惜,我是一无所知,帮不上忙。

:confused::confused::confused:
板凳
发表于 2001-8-30 23:22:10 | 只看该作者

太不幸了

这就是我不喜欢魁北克的原因,那里确实很美,我只是去旅游过.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表