温度感觉: 21°
  • 实时天气:温尼伯
    温度感觉:
楼主: 乡干部
打印 上一主题 下一主题

北美时报:为了妈,好想向EMS讨公道

31#
发表于 2010-8-30 17:04:19 | 只看该作者
赞“zhen2005”的回复。加拿大的系统,总的来说是追求总体的”最好“,在个案上不给灵活性。无人敢,甚至想去破坏规则,程序。所以很少看到插队,调包,后门这些在中国无处不在的现象,没有熟人根本看不到好医生。在此争吵,求情是无济于事,作为移民移民的我们必须明白。
回复

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2010-8-30 17:05:14 | 只看该作者
I had worked in Chinese hospital more than 10 years and have work in Canadian hospital almost 5 years now.  I have to say, compare to Chinese health system, the Canadian health system is far more advanced even some flaws.   I am sorry for the author's lost but I believe most of paramed staffs are very professional and well trained.  Since every thing in Ontario health system is paid by government.  So, the healthcare provider be asked to follow very strict procedure.  They handle patients base on the good practice standard not patient or patient's family 's request, since this could prevent many unnecessary cost.  This could be understood as very cool or stubborn by people from different healthcare system such as China since most patients  in there come to hospital and tell their doctors what they want.   But think about how many patients in China have to give up treatment because they can not affort the fee.  I still prefer here.  Although it is not perfect.

In this case, generally, the paramed have a check list for the diagonsis of stroke.  If the author's mother meet the criteria while the paramed hadn't sent her to stroke centre, definitely, you can sue the EMS and get compensation.  If you can't affort lawyer fee, apply for some non-profit organization's help.  They always provide some law assistant for free.   On the other hand, if the author's mother doesn't meet the criteria at the begining,  even later be proved had "stroke".  It is not malpractice.  The EMS doesn't need to take any responsibility.  

Same as the use of tPA.  It doesn't matter how many hours it could be use in China or it is just several minutes more than the standard.  If the standard say 4 hours, it is 4 hours.  May be it sound ridiculous, but in Canada, we can only follow the canadian's route.   Just to make it clear, in this case, the doctor didn't do any thing unethical or unprofessional that can make patient or family against he or she for refusing the Medication, but if he or she use tPA and patient had some accident (no treatment could be 100% safe).  The family could sue the doctor as malpractice, and have 100% chance to win--the judge will not say it is family ask for the medication, the judge will only say: as a trained professional, you didn't make right judgement and didn't follow the procedure.

tPA is an effective medication for stroke but not 100% effective or safe.  It is impossible to "have an injection, then you will be OK"  There always some complications after stroke, depend on the site and size.  As the other speaker said afterward physiotherapy or rehabilitation are very important.  tPA sometime can cause severe complication as secondary bleeding.  

I know most of  Chinese parent's have nature of candle, sacrify themself as much as they could to support their kids.   They don't want their kid to worry, they say nothing even they feel uncomfortable.  They can't speak English and they can't drive, but they don't want to ask their kids to take one day off to see the doctor with them.  They just tolerate, tolerate, tolerate..... until they can not tolerate any more.    I saw several such cases  in the past several years.   I believe all those kids love their parents as much as their parents love them.  I saw a daughter almost callopsed when her mother died from heart attack in the emergency room.  I also saw some kids accompanied their parents doing rehabilitation after the accident.   But why wait this moment?   Canada has very good although not prefect healthcare system.   taking your parent to see family doctor regularly ( once every 3 months), find the hiding risk factor and follow the doctor's instruction to decrease the risks.  Help they check blood sugar or blood pressure if they have such problems.   Sit down with them may be just 10-20 minutes a day, ask them what they feel in the day.    And remember, our parents almost run out of their energy to take care of us.  It is time for them to settle down and relaxed.  Don't put too much expectation on them to helping us.  Ask yourself sometime, it is too much for them?  even they say it is OK, we need to know when to tell ourself it is NOT OK.
zhen2005 发表于 2010-8-30 16:26 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

后面一段说的很有道理,值得许多人深思。
回复

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2010-8-30 17:40:33 | 只看该作者
回复 28# zhen2005
Can't agree more.
Canada can't offer the public healthcare without more tax support.
There are the top two reasons for parent imigrants 1. take care babies 2. free health care
回复

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2010-8-30 17:40:52 | 只看该作者
我也是加拿大医疗体系的受害者,但这边的律师更坏。
如果能买到同仁堂的【安宫牛黄丸】是很有效的药。

请问家里一般必备些什么药可以应急用?

这位牙医的妈妈短短四年带了两个外孙,平时估计还做饭,因为你们有诊所,比较忙。

不巧又遇着这么个事,唉,向伟大的母爱致敬,祝她早日康复吧。(f)
回复

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2010-8-30 18:08:22 | 只看该作者
请问您的爱心诊所都做些什么? 除了洗牙,有没有别的?
回复

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2010-8-30 18:16:59 | 只看该作者
在声讨加拿大的医疗体制的同时,检讨一下你妈得病的根源,是否你用老人太苦了呢?
回复

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2010-8-30 18:20:07 | 只看该作者
回中国的人越多越好,人少,房子会更便宜,工作上竞争也不会象现在这么激烈。但是回中国你就不会碰到类似的事情么。中国的医院有多黑。如果你是一个普通老百姓,去中国的医院看病要排多长的队,要受多少气,要花多少钱。我原来在国营工厂的财务部门看到,当官看病来报销,有多少报多少。普通工人,则推三阻四,百般刁难。在中国是不用交税的,但中国的光日用品价格相比加拿大要翻几倍,更不要说是房子和汽车了。
我们中国人总是认为自己的命最金贵,不要忘了公费医疗面对的是多伦多几百万大众,资源有限,轻重缓急是由医务从业人员来决定,他们都是多年培训出来的,他们会完全按照规章制度办事,这些制度是对所有人都是一样的。如果你想例外,就要多花银子,有钱可以去美国或私人医院看病。
回复

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2010-8-30 18:29:39 | 只看该作者
这是加拿大最接近地狱的地方-----医院!!!相信每一位去过加医院的人都有同感。
回复

使用道具 举报

39#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-30 19:30:23 | 只看该作者
回复 40# likefule

回40#, 说得太对了, SunnyBrook的对面就是一个很大的公墓, 医院随时准备转人过去.
回复

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2010-8-30 19:34:28 | 只看该作者
建议不要感情用事。是自己的亲人,完全可以理解焦急愤怒的心情。ems的人都是经过3年多培训出来的,他们都是照章办事,不会有半点出格。如果告他没守规矩,肯定成功,但这种情况,我觉得没有机会赢。
平庸 发表于 2010-8-30 09:59 http://bbs.51.ca/images/common/back.gif

我也是这么像的。同情一下
回复

使用道具 举报

41#
发表于 2010-8-30 19:42:50 | 只看该作者

本帖最后由 rocky28 于 2010-8-30 20:45 编辑

明显的耽搁,相信有违反本应救人的"PROCEDURES'
回复

使用道具 举报

42#
发表于 2010-8-30 20:05:41 | 只看该作者
回复 15# ruoyun

Yes! You don't know what will happen if you don't try. Quite only let you regret whole life.
回复

使用道具 举报

43#
发表于 2010-8-30 20:23:57 | 只看该作者
每个人都会有生 重病的可能,年轻不生,那就是老年会生,早早晚晚会生,行动起来,联合呼吁,或游行集会,要求政府改革医疗体制。
回复

使用道具 举报

44#
发表于 2010-8-30 20:38:40 | 只看该作者

本帖最后由 aaabbbb 于 2010-8-30 23:10 编辑
回中国的人越多越好,人少,房子会更便宜,工作上竞争也不会象现在这么激烈。但是回中国你就不会碰到类似的事情么。中国的医院有多黑。如果你是一个普通老百姓,去中国的医院看病要排多长的队,要受多少气,要花多少钱。我原来在国营工厂的财务部门看到,当官看病来报销,有多少报多少。普通工人,则推三阻四,百般刁难。在中国是不用交税的,但中国的光日用品价格相比加拿大要翻几倍,更不要说是房子和汽车了。
我们中国人总是认为自己的命最金贵,不要忘了公费医疗面对的是多伦多几百万大众,资源有限,轻重缓急是由医务从业人员来决定,他们都是多年培训出来的,他们会完全按照规章制度办事,这些制度是对所有人都是一样的。如果你想例外,就要多花银子,有钱可以去美国或私人医院看病。

怎么总有一些人,盼望自己的同胞都回中国去,大家移民来不容易,应当团结.
都回去了,你自己在这里,别人欺负你怎么办?
中国经济上去的快,有一部分原因是人多,加拿大这么大,就那么一点人,怎么热闹起来?
加拿大不是人多,而是人少,公费医疗所用的资源,远远小于加拿大政府开个什么会所开渡的了,只要会管理,加拿大就是有五亿人,照样是富国,而且更富.

赞同的请跟帖!
回复

使用道具 举报

45#
发表于 2010-8-30 21:46:29 | 只看该作者
是应该投诉,要让这麻木的医疗神经触动一下。 打不打官司,那另做考虑。
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表